My Island Home
by sirenna - last update: Sep 25, 2005
Though we travel the world to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not.
I feel so
blessed to live in this beautiful place. I came for a visit
in 1998 and couldn't leave!
We are regularly treated to the most breathtaking sunsets.
This is where the hungry come to feed
For mine is a generation that circles the globe
in search of something we haven't tried before
so never refuse an invitation
never resist the unfamiliar
never fail to be polite
and never outstay your welcome
just keep your mind open and
suck in the experience
and if it hurts
you know what... it's probably worth it
you hope, and you dream
but you never believe that
something is going to happen for you
not like it does in the movies
and when it actually does
you expect it to feel different
I was waiting for it to hit me
I still believe in paradise
but now at least i know it's not some place you can look for
cause it's not where you go
it's how you feel for a moment in your life
and if you find that moment it lasts forever
it lasts forever
Up on a
hill, as the day dissolves
With my pencil turning moments into line
High above in the violet sky
A silent silver plane - it draws a golden chain
One by one, all the stars appear
As the great winds of the planet spiral in
Spinning away, like the night sky at Arles
In the million insect storm, the constellations form
On a hill, under a raven sky
I have no idea exactly what I've drawn
Some kind of change, some kind of spinning away
With every single line moving further out in time
And now as the pale moon rides Her form in my pale blue
And there, as the world rolls round I draw, but the lines
move round There, as the great wheels blaze I draw, but my
And now, as the old sun dies I draw, and the four winds sigh
My Favourite Quotes...
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not
We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.
The great pleasure in life is in doing what others say you
Once you've flown, your wings never quite fit in the nest
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
Work like you don't need the money,
Dance like nobody's watching
And love like you've never been hurt.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of
Its not good enough to ignore the mystery just because it
can't be explained.
One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose
sight of the shore.
A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages.
If you can find a path without obstacles, it probably leads
An Existentialist Ocean
The indifferent agony of the ocean is read rather easily -
it says "I have learned to roll rocks larger than your head.
And take the lives of those who look too deeply".
You've Been in the Philippines Too Long When...
1. You are freezing and it 75 degrees outside.
2. Your speech is marked with expressions like, "I'm going
pishing" and "My dog has pleas."
3. It doesn't bother you to walk into a bar with a P.C.
standing outside with a loaded gun.
4. European beer tastes funny.
5. You think a hot water faucet is a decoration.
6. You tie a gecko to your bedpost to control mosquitoes.
7. You think 50 pesos is a lot of money.
8. You think a luxury hotel is one with a seat on the
9. You don't answer to "Joe" and your name is Joe.
10. You get a roll of 50 centavo pieces so the jeepney
drivers can't keep the change.
11. No matter how drunk you get, San Miguel beer still
12. "Mag beer muna tayo" is your favorite commercial.
13. You think a superhighway is a two-laner.
14. You can eat balut without throwing up.
15. You think of retiring here (there) because you like the
place and it's really cheap.